Several months ago, I bought an electric griddle. These pancakes were the first food to be cooked on it. I’d been seeing this recipe on the side of the Bisquick box for the longest and had been dying to make them. Finally got my chance! These pancakes will make you say, “IHOP who?” LOL!
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375 degrees. Grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. (Surface is ready when drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- Stir all ingredients until blended. Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. (See note below.)
- Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden. Remove from pan. Keep repeating process until all batter has been used. To keep cooked pancakes warm while cooking the rest, place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Cover with aluminum foil, and place in 200 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Note: When I would make pancakes in the past, they would always be different sizes or oddly shaped. This time, to make sure they were sized equally and nicely shaped, I used a soup ladle to pour the batter onto the griddle. Voila! Perfect pancakes.
Source: Betty Crocker/Bisquick